The are several advantages of Project Management that more than make up the overhead of implementing formal Project Management in a company. Such advantages include:
- A more efficient usage of resources (both human and monetary resources) as both the schedule and the budget are defined in the project plan
- Reduced cost and improved quality of the end product/service delivered by implementing rigourous cost management and quality management processes
- A healthier, more solid relationship with the client and other stakeholders by applying stakeholder management
- An enhanced teamwork environment because of the adoption of a formal process to acknowledging/resolving conflicts (conflict management)
- A favorable touch of professionalism to the company leading to a better perception by outside organizations
© 2009 Project Management Learning – Reproduction of this material is strictly prohibited without the written consent of Project Management Learning.